- Medical insurance is available to all full-time employees.
- Our network of providers, through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, is one of the most extensive available.
- You can choose from three health plans to accommodate health care needs for yourself and your family.
- Dental coverage is provided by Delta Dental.
- An extensive network of dentists participate in Delta Dental, however, you can visit any dentist you choose.
- Preventive care, cleaning and x-rays, are covered 2 times per year at no cost to the employee.
- Basic and major services are also covered after deductible is met.
- Vision coverage is provided by VSP.
- Small co-pay for annual exam with no waiting period and no deductible.
- Set benefit amount available for lenses, frames and contact lenses.
- VSP has a large network; however, you may visit any provider you choose.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Two types of flexible spending accounts are available:
o Healthcare reimbursement – Via debit card, pre-tax money can be used to pay for out of pocket medical, dental, vision and prescription charges for any family member. Annual maximum contribution: $2,500.
o Dependent care reimbursement – Via debit card or self- reimbursement, pre-tax money can be used for payment of day care expenses for children up to the age of 13 years. Annual maximum contribution: $5,000.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- All full-time employees receive, at no cost:
o $50,000 basic accidental death and dismemberment policy
- No aviation exclusion applies to either policy.
- The 401k program is administered by MassMutual.
- Full-time employees can participate at time of hire; employer match begins after 1 year of service; part-time employees can participate after 1000 hours of service.
Short Term Disability
- Full-time employees are provided short term disability coverage at no cost.
- STD can be used after 6 months of service.
- Provides a 50% income replacement for qualified disability (including pilot loss of medical).
- Participation in the wellness program qualifies for an additional 20% income replacement (totaling 70%).
- Benefit runs for up to 6 months.
Long Term Disability
- Full-time employees are provided long term disability at no cost (including pilot loss of medical).
- LTD can be used at the end of the short term disability period for a qualified disability.
- LTD benefits are paid at 60% of your monthly earnings with a $10,000 monthly maximum.
- Benefits received for minimum of 2 years up to retirement age.
Business Travel Accident Policy
- This policy is provided at no cost to all full- and part-time employees and provides up to $350,000 for a loss occurring while conducting business for Air Evac EMS, Inc.
- Available to all employees and their immediate family members.
- Provides confidential support, information and referral service.
- Designed to help employees and their family members cope with everyday problems that have added stress to their lives.
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Supplemental Life – available to employees up to 5X annual salary or $500,000 (whichever is less). Spouse and Child Life policies are also available. No aviation exclusion applies.
- Supplemental Accident Death and Dismemberment – available to employees up to 5X annual salary or $500,000 (whichever is less). No aviation exclusion.