- Medical insurance is available to all full-time employees.
- You can choose from three health plans to accommodate personal health care concerns and needs.
- Premiums are kept low because our plans are self-funded by Air Evac EMS.
- Our PPO network of providers, through BCBS, is the most extensive available.
- See any dentist you choose.
- Free preventative care (cleaning & x-rays 2x year) with no waiting period.
- Coverage available for more extensive services.
- Very low premiums.
- Two options available: Blue Cross/Blue Shield or VSP
- Free eye exam every year, with no waiting period and no deductible.
- Set benefit amount available for lenses, frames and contact lenses.
- Very low premiums.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Employees who take advantage of the flex spending account receive a tax break in two ways:
- - Medical Care Reimbursement comes with a debit card and uses pre-tax money to pay for medical, dental, vision and Rx drugs.
- - Dependent Care account can be used to pay childcare expenses (up to $5,000/yr) before taxes are applied.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- All full-time employees receive, at no cost, a $50,000 term life insurance policy.
- Also receive $50,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage.
- No aviation exclusion with either policy.
401 (K) Investments
- Retirement opportunities through a 401 (K) plan with employer match.
Short Term Disability
- Full-time employees will be provided, at no cost, short term disability coverage.
- Provides a 70% income replacement for qualified disability (including pilot loss of medical).
- Benefit received for up to 6 months.
Long Term Disability
- Provided at no cost to all full-time employees at the end of the short term disability period for a qualified disability (including pilot loss of medical).
- LTD benefits are paid at 60% of your monthly earnings with a monthly maximum of $10,000.
- Benefit received for minimum of 2 years up to retirement age.
In-Flight Accident Policy
- This coverage is provided at no cost to all employees (full-time, part-time etc.) and provides up to $350,000 for a loss occurring while on duty in any aircraft owned, leased or operated by Air Evac EMS, Inc.
Employee Assistance Program
- Available to all employees and their immediate family members.
- Provides confidential support, information and referral service.
- Designed to help employees and their family members cope with every day problems that have added stress to their lives.
Optional Voluntary Insurance
- Supplemental Life - available to employees up to 5X annual salary to a maximum of $500,000; spouses coverage can match the employee's coverage and $10,000 is available for dependent coverage. No aviation exclusion. New hires can elect up to $150,000 with no medical check.
- Personal Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) policy for employees, spouse and children for very low rate. Employee can get $10,000 to $500,000 up to 5X annual salary. Spouse can get 60% or 50% of employee amount. Children can get 20% or 15% depending on spouse coverage. No aviation exclusion and no medical check for first $150,000 of coverage as a new hire.
- Supplemental Accident Insurance - provides cash for hospital treatment of injuries and includes accidental death and loss of limb benefits. Helps "make ends meet" and manage medical costs in the event of an accident. Nice option if you have a high deductible on your medical plan. Has both employee-only or family coverage available. No medical questions.
- Supplemental Health Options Plan - this is a hospital policy that provides cash to you for hospital treatments, surgeries and doctor visits to help with out-of-pocket expenses. Coverage is available for employee or entire family. Premiums are based on age at issue. No medical questions.
- Supplemental Cancer Policy - provides cash for non-medical, cancer-related expenses that health insurance may not cover.