- Medical insurance is available to all full-time employees.
- You can choose from three health plans to accommodate personal health care concerns and needs.
- Premiums are kept low because our plans are self-funded by Air Evac EMS.
- Our PPO network of providers, through BCBS, is the most extensive available.
- See any dentist you choose.
- Free preventative care (cleaning & x-rays 2x year) with no waiting period.
- Coverage available for more extensive services.
- Very low premiums.
- Vision coverage is provided by VSP
- Free eye exam every year, with no waiting period and no deductible.
- Set benefit amount available for lenses, frames and contact lenses.
- Very low premiums.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Employees who take advantage of the flex spending account receive a tax break in two ways:
- - Medical Care Reimbursement comes with a debit card and uses pre-tax money to pay for medical, dental, vision and Rx drugs.
- - Dependent Care account can be used to pay childcare expenses (up to $5,000/yr) before taxes are applied.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- All full-time employees receive, at no cost, a $50,000 term life insurance policy.
- Also receive $50,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage.
- No aviation exclusion with either policy.
401 (K) Investments
- Retirement opportunities through a 401 (K) plan with employer match.
Short Term Disability
- Full-time employees will be provided, at no cost, short term disability coverage.
- Provides a 70% income replacement for qualified disability (including pilot loss of medical).
- Benefit received for up to 6 months.
Long Term Disability
- Provided at no cost to all full-time employees at the end of the short term disability period for a qualified disability (including pilot loss of medical).
- LTD benefits are paid at 60% of your monthly earnings with a monthly maximum of $10,000.
- Benefit received for minimum of 2 years up to retirement age.
In-Flight Accident Policy
- This coverage is provided at no cost to all employees (full-time, part-time etc.) and provides up to $350,000 for a loss occurring while on duty in any aircraft owned, leased or operated by Air Evac EMS, Inc.
Employee Assistance Program
- Available to all employees and their immediate family members.
- Provides confidential support, information and referral service.
- Designed to help employees and their family members cope with every day problems that have added stress to their lives.
Optional Voluntary Insurance
- Supplemental Life - available to employees up to 5X annual salary to a maximum of $500,000; spouses coverage can match the employee's coverage and $10,000 is available for dependent coverage. No aviation exclusion. New hires can elect up to $250,000 with no medical check.
- Personal Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) policy for employees, spouse and children for very low rate. Employee can get $10,000 to $500,000 up to 5X annual salary. Spouse can get 60% or 50% of employee amount. Children can get 20% or 15% depending on spouse coverage. No aviation exclusion.